Saturday, November 6, 2010

We said goodbye to our wonderful dog, Kodi, this morning. She was afflicted with diabetes which took over, causing her blindness, loss of her coat, loss of weight and appetite. The vet was doubtful that she could be pulled out of it.

She was born in September of 2003 making her 7 years old. When we got her as a pup, she was so furry that she looked like a baby bear, thus the name Kodi (Kodiak bear). She wasn't a very obedient dog, but she had love pouring out of her heart for us, especially for Doug. She loved all the grandkids and they loved her!


Ruthie getting a loving lick!
Kodi and Nya
She was Doug's dog for sure and they were great companions!
We will miss our Kodi!

6 comments:

trilady66 said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurts to lose a great dog.

Sam and Janiece said...

Ah...we had to go through that earlier this year, so I know what you are going through. So sorry for you.

Boyce said...

Oh my Kodi puppy! I will miss her. I LOVED that dog. She just loved to be with people and made you feel like the most important thing around....I cuddled with her often while home! I will miss her. It will be strange not having her around when we're in Bako! Love to you and Dad!

Janel said...

((((hugs)))) We will miss her so much!!

Lindy said...

We love you, Kodi, and you'll be missed! Love to Mom and Dad, also!

Susan said...

I am behind the times and just hearing about Kodi. Your Kodi was big and furry like my Smokey. There's nothing like a good dog. All that love lives in our memories now.
Susan