Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas Time

Not posting photos this time, but decided to write about my season so far. I've had ups and downs with my emotions for many reasons. Overall, this time of year brings me happiness and peace. In light of a RS lesson and also the words of Pres. Uchtdorf, we are trying to simplify. Because of that I have found a little less stress and more time to enjoy movies and music. I love that! We didn't put lights outside the house this year and much to the chagrin of many of you, we didn't put up our tree. Everything else is out and is so beautiful. Because we won't have any of our family here for Christmas, it just seemed too hard to put up the tree and have it empty underneath.

In the meantime, I've been doing some fun sewing of princess dresses; I made our Christmas greeting and sent a lot out via Email and the rest by snail mail. I made 30 jars of pomegranate jelly yesterday to give to our neighbors and friends. I've helped with the ward Christmas party program for this coming Saturday. Doug has been very busy with his men at the prison helping them give gifts to their loved ones. I've done the actual ordering of Books of Mormons and different videos that these men wanted sent. It's a joy to serve in this way and in a way we feel this is our mission for now.

The thing that is making this Christmas very special is that we are having our family reunion the whole week between Christmas and New Year's and I can hardly wait to be with these amazing people whom I love so much! Of course, we will miss our Shannon and Boyce and Suzanne. Their spirits will be with us for sure.

5 comments:

Jamie Maddox said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! ;)

Janel said...

I agree with Jamie! See you in 10 days!! :)

MegiJones said...

No tree?!? I understand I guess. :) I always think about your tree at Christmastime though. Sitting in the front room with all the lights out except the warm glow from the tree. Aaaah sweet memories...love you much!

Manu Family said...

I have been thinking of the talk about "simplifying" as well... enjoyed your post ..thanks for sharing =0)

Susan said...

No lights...no tree...I say, do whatever makes you happy. I wish we could have seen those princess dresses, I assume you took them with you to the reunion. Enjoy the holiday time together.