Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Volunteering at Bakersfield Business Conference

My Walkie Talkie friends and I volunteered at the Bakersfield Business Conference last Saturday and what a day it was! I was there by 5:30 a.m. to do my shift until 1:30 p.m. The others had various shifts and places to work, but we managed to find lots of time to be together and enjoy the events. By the end of the day, I had heard Joe Clark, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, Goldie Hawn, Carl Rove, Rudy Giuliano, Peter Lemon, Rich Little, and Chesley Sullenberger! What an exhilarating experience! We were able to have all the food and drink we wanted throughout the day and then in the evening there was entertainment complete with a fireworks show that bettered Disneyland's from what I'm told. Got home about 10:30 - very tired but so rewarded. I am thankful I could do a community service and feel that I was really the one that got the best of the deal. Five more years and if I'm still kickin' I'll do it again!


A big highlight of my day was hearing Newt Gingrich. We stole this snapshot as he was passing by!
All together on the Big Wheel!
Then the merry-go-round!
Kevin McCarthy, U.S. Congressman from our district.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog! So cute :)

Brandon and Maryellen said...

I am so glad you put the picture of Newt on here. I about died laughing when my mom told me she jumped in front of his golf cart to get the pitcure! She is a great friend to do somthing like that:)

Jodi said...

Glad you had an enjoyable day! Not really my kind of fun to each their own ;)