Sunday, August 8, 2010

A big FIRST!

Wednesday, I had my first experience white water rafting. I went with Jami Larsen, Gaye Bunting, Susan Dunn, Tricia Burt, Karrie Bunting, and Sina Knopf. David Bunting was our guide. It was great fun and I'll be braver next time. This time, I sat in the middle. Next time, I'll try the side with a paddle. The rapids were fun and not too scary. I didn't get out of the raft; I will next time. Of course, all of this next time stuff may never happen - who knows!

9 comments:

MegiJones said...

I am completely surprised and impressed that you went, Mom!! Way to be brave!

Lindy said...

way to go, momma! I love that you're already planning the next one... I wanna come!

trilady66 said...

Go Rinez!! What's next? Maybe our next adventure should be a trip to Magic Mountain. (Or maybe Dewars.)

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Good for you! Its not as scary as you think it will be. I know I was so nervous the first time. Next season you'll be out there every weekend.

Susan said...

That was a good time. I'm with Gaye, we should plan a trip to Deward real soon.
Susan

Diana and Gregg said...

You are braver than I am! My son and daughter-in-law were both river guides and I still wouldn't go! You are awesome!

Parks Family said...

I haven't heard this story yet. You ladies are an inspiration to us all. Way to go!

Jodi said...

I never thought I'd see the day...but I DID! That is awesome I am very proud of you. I can't get enough of your guide though...too funny.

Kim said...

Isn't it so much fun! I love your expression in the first picture. I took my children this summer--they loved it!